The following is a press release from the Cumberland County Health Department (CCHD). Appointments are available for vaccinations. If you wish to be vaccinated, now is a great time to contact them to schedule your appointment.
If you are age 65 and above or in the current risk phases of 1a1, 1a2, and 1b, please call the Cumberland County Health Department at 931-484-6196 to schedule an appointment to receive your COVID-19 vaccination.
We will not move into the next risk phase which includes high risk comorbidities (diabetes, obesity, etc. – more info can be found online at https://covid19.tn.gov) until Monday, March 8, 2021.
Cumberland County Health Department
Cumberland County Population Vaccinated (as of 3/2/2021)
Number of vaccines reported: 17,505 *
County Population with at least one dose: 18.18%
County Population with only one dose: 7.47%
County Population with two doses: 10.72%
*Number of shots given including first and second doses.
State Vaccination Dashboard:
COVID-19 Update (difference from previous day)
The following are the numbers from the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) for Cumberland County as of 3/2/2021. The change from the prior day, not my prior newsletter, is in parenthesis.
75 active cases (-3)
5,910 inactive/recovered (+4)
121 deaths officially reported (+0)
6,106 positive cases (+1)
136 cumulative hospitalizations (+0) *
8.67% positivity rate – 7-day average
11.70% cumulative positivity rate (positive cases / positive cases + negative tests)
10.09% of residents have tested positive
0.12% of residents have active cases
- If you feel sick, get tested.
- STAY HOME after being tested until you get your result.
- Wear a mask when appropriate. It is not a political statement; it is about everyone’s health.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Follow the guidelines provided by Governor Lee and the CDC.
- Be smart and avoid places you feel are unsafe.
These numbers are intended to be a brief summary of the information provided by the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH). More detailed information can be found at the online dashboard: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
* Hospitalization data reflect the cumulative (total) number of cases of Cumberland County residents that were ever hospitalized AT ANY HOSPITAL from COVID-19. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
COVID-19 Vaccination Pharmacy Locations
In addition to the local health department sites, Tennesseans may now seek vaccination appointments through approved community pharmacy locations. See the current locations by clicking:
Vaccination and Testing Locations
COVID-19 vaccination and testing are both conducted at the Community Complex grounds on Livingston Road. Although both are on the same grounds, the locations are different. Vaccinations are held closest to the Taco Bell entrance on the Highway 127 side of the grounds, and are located close to the 3-way stop at Industrial Boulevard and Livingston Road. Testing is located closest to the Farmers Market entrance on the West Avenue (Highway 70N) side of the grounds.
Please watch the signs as they are located to help you get in the correct line.
COVID-19 Health Department Testing Information
COVID-19 testing will continue to be offered at the Cumberland County Community Complex (1398 Livingston Road, Crossville, TN 38571) Monday through Fridayfrom 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.
Self-testing for individuals over age 18 will continue to be offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Smartphone with internet and email are required for everyone on self-testing days.
CCHD will continue to provide COVID-19 testing on Tuesdays and Thursdays with the assistance of health department staff.
Health Department Information Line
The Cumberland County Health Department (CCHD) has opened a local information line at (931) 707-9007. The information line will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.
COVID-19 Information and Vaccine Key Links
- Vaccine Information and Appointments:
- State of TN COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- TDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- County Phase Status:
- Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Calculator:
- Click here for the TDH Quarantine & Isolation Calculator:
- A new dashboard has been released for each county. You can now view the Cumberland County COVID-19 dashboard here:
- School level COVID-19 data is now available online. Click this link to see the information available for Cumberland County:
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts and views on news, events, and activities in Cumberland County, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor