Cumberland County Schools COVID-19 data as of Friday, February 12, 2021
- 11 positive active student cases
- 4 positive active staff cases
- 135 total students quarantined due to being determined to have had close contact with another individual who tested positive.
- 8 total staff members quarantined due to being determined to have had close contact with another individual who tested positive.
COVID-19 Vaccination Pharmacy Locations
In addition to the local health department sites, Tennesseans may now seek vaccination appointments through approved community pharmacy locations. See the current locations by clicking:
COVID-19 Update (difference from previous day)
On February, 10 we had a large increase in positive cases in Cumberland County. When looking at my spreadsheets, it became obvious to me that another data correction had been made by the state. A health department spokesperson confirmed the changes were due to data quality checks which involve cross-checking the addresses of cases and reassigning cases attributed to the incorrect county to the correct county.
This means our data will be inaccurate in per capita, positivity, etc. until 2/10/2021 data rolls off the averages.
- If you feel sick, get tested.
- STAY HOME after being tested until you get your result.
- Wear a mask when appropriate. It is not a political statement; it is about everyone’s health.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Follow the guidelines provided by Governor Lee and the CDC.
- Be smart and avoid places you feel are unsafe.
The following are the numbers from the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) for Cumberland County as of the date of this newsletter. The change from the prior day, not my prior newsletter, is in parenthesis.
121 active cases (-1)
5,687 inactive/recovered (+17)
111 deaths officially reported (+2)
5,919 positive cases (+18)
132 cumulative hospitalizations (+0) *
21.86% positivity rate – 7-day average
11.60% cumulative positivity rate (positive cases / positive cases + negative tests)
9.78% of residents have tested positive
0.20% of residents have active cases
These numbers are intended to be a brief summary of the information provided by the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH). More detailed information can be found at the online dashboard: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
* Hospitalization data reflect the cumulative (total) number of cases of Cumberland County residents that were ever hospitalized AT ANY HOSPITAL from COVID-19. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment
Cumberland County Health Department has a free certified application counselor available to assist with applying for insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace for Affordable Care Act plans, TennCare, and CoverKids. Our counselor can help you learn about plans for which you may qualify. For coverage in 2021, you must apply for Marketplace plans during the open enrollment period from February 15, 2021 until May 15, 2021. Contact the Cumberland County Health Department at (931) 484-6196 today. Open Enrollment is time sensitive, so appointments are limited.
Vaccination and Testing Locations
COVID-19 vaccination and testing are both conducted at the Community Complex grounds on Livingston Road. Although both are on the same grounds, the locations are different. Vaccinations are held closest to the Taco Bell entrance on the Highway 127 side of the grounds, and are located close to the 3-way stop at Industrial Boulevard and Livingston Road. Testing is located closest to the Farmers Market entrance on the West Avenue (Highway 70N) side of the grounds.
Please watch the signs as they are located to help you get in the correct line.
COVID-19 Health Department Testing Information
COVID-19 testing will continue to be offered at the Cumberland County Community Complex (1398 Livingston Road, Crossville, TN 38571) Monday through Fridayfrom 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.
Self-testing for individuals over age 18 will continue to be offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Smartphone with internet and email are required for everyone on self-testing days.
CCHD will continue to provide COVID-19 testing on Tuesdays and Thursdays with the assistance of health department staff.
The State of Tennessee health departments, including the one here in Cumberland County, are now allowing eligible individuals to register online for an appointment WAITING LIST for COVID-19 vaccinations. This is a process to get on a waiting list for an appointment, not an actual appointment.
There are three-steps in the process:
- Find Your Phase by clicking:
- Find the Cumberland County Phase by clicking:
- If you are in a phase currently being vaccinated here in Cumberland County, register for the vaccination appointment WAITING LIST by clicking here:
If you can’t get on the appointment waiting list by clicking above, you can still call the Cumberland County Health Department at (931) 484-6196 to schedule an appointment. You may have to try several times to get through as call volume is at historic levels due to the worldwide pandemic.
VACCINATIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Those with general questions about COVID-19 may call the COVID-19 Public Information Line at 877-857-2945 or 833-556-2476 between 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Friday and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Health Department Information Line
The Cumberland County Health Department (CCHD) has opened a local information line at (931) 707-9007. The information line will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.
COVID-19 Information and Vaccine Key Links
- State of TN COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- TDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- County Phase Status:
- Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Calculator:
- Click here for the TDH Quarantine & Isolation Calculator:
- A new dashboard has been released for each county. You can now view the Cumberland County COVID-19 dashboard here:
- School level COVID-19 data is now available online. Click this link to see the information available for Cumberland County:
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts and views on news, events, and activities in Cumberland County, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor