Please click the link below to check out my Facebook video on doing your part:
As of this writing, I have been notified by the TN Department of Health (TDH) that sixteen residents of Cumberland County have tested positive for COVID-19, the novel coronavirus. Contact tracing is standard in all cases, so if you have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive, you will be notified.
The number of cases started off with one or two positives. The positive results are getting larger and will continue to do so. DO YOUR PART, STAY APART!
The Health Department continues testing Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. For more information call 931-484-6196.
Cumberland Medical Center Statement from CAO David Bunch
We are very appreciative for our community’s support and understanding as we work diligently to protect our patients and community from the potential spread of COVID-19. Our staff includes representatives locally who are in continual contact with both the Upper Cumberland and East Tennessee’s regional emergency preparedness groups. Our supply chain team is doing a fantastic job with coordination of our supply procurement. As part of our ongoing preparedness, we have expanded our bed capacity protocols for possible moderate to severe level COVID-19 patient surges for PPE and other equipment as necessary. We are very fortunate to be a member of Covenant Health.
Here are some additional information sources:
• Covenant Health Coronavirus information webpage:
• Covenant Health Media Frequently Asked Questions:
• For updates related to Cumberland Medical Center operational changes and entrance hours:
• Our temporary entrance locations and hours map:
• Covenant Health CEO, Jim VanderSteeg’s COVID-19 Interview with Hallerin Hilton Hill:
Especially for those looking to help:
• We are so incredibly gratified by the overwhelming community support offered to our employees and their families during this crisis. We ask that you direct offers of help to the Covenant Health Call Center by phone at (931) 459-4262 or by email (CallCenter@covhlth.com).
• Please help us serve our community by supporting MEDIC Regional Blood Center, our sole blood bank provider at Cumberland Medical Center. In an effort to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, the center welcomes blood donors locally by appointment only. This office is located at 79 South Main Street in Crossville and is open Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (931) 337-0800 or visit http://www.medicblood.org for more information.
• Do your part as a community to be mindful of recommended social distancing guidelines so we can collectively reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in following the events of the county, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor