Crossville Fly-In & Open House
The annual Crossville Memorial Airport Fly-In & Open House will be Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Admission is free.
Cumberland County Commission Meeting
The September 2022 meeting of the Cumberland County Commission was held tonight with all Commissioners in attendance except Commissioners Hyder, and Davis.
During our special recognition time, we congratulated the Crossville Hawks baseball team. The Hawks 12 and under baseball team won the Cal Ripken state tournament at Centennial Park in Crossville. This was the first ever Cal Ripken state title by a team from Cumberland County, and it all happened back in July.
The Hawks took the title in dominant fashion posting a 5-0 record against the state’s best competition while scoring 61 runs and only allowing two. The Hawks went on to represent Tennessee in the Cal Ripken Southeast Regional Tournament in Glen Allen, VA. The Hawks are composed entirely of Crossville kids and are entering their 5th season of travel baseball together.
It took a while to get everything organized but we are proud of the boys and their coaches!
Under new business, the Commission acknowledged the surety bond for the new Director of Schools, William Stepp.
RESOLUTION 09-2022-1 – TO AMEND THE CONTRACT BETWEEN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND CUMBERLAND COUNTY, TENNESSEE (FOSTER)
The prior contract for payment for mental health evaluation and treatment services for criminal defendants charged with misdemeanors had expired. This contract set the same rate and terms as the previous year and was approved.
RESOLUTION 09-2022-2 – TO ACCEPT OFFERS(S) TO PURCHASE DELINQUENT TAX PROPERTY OWNED BY CUMBERLAND COUNTY (HOLBROOK)
The following delinquent tax properties were approved for purchase and will now go back on the tax rolls.
Offerers Property Price Ad
George & Venus Mueller 90B H 3.00/127 Cambridge Lane $360.00 $45.00
Jack & Constance Money 91P B 10.00/24 Schacklett Terrace $429.00 $45.00
Mark Brooks & Leland Ryme 78H B 35.00/107 Windcrest Road $410.00 $45.00
The following routine budget amendments for the Board of Education were approved by the Commission:
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-3 – BOE GENERAL PROGRAM SCHOOL FUND, BUDGET AMENDMENT $24,500.00 (STONE)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-4 – BOE SPECIAL EDUCATION FEDERAL BUDGET AMENDMENT, FEDERAL IDEA PART B, $5,000.00 (SHERRILL)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-5 – BOE FEDERAL PERKINS BASIC FUND, BUDGET AMENDMENT $22,668.16 (HYDER)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-6 – BOE CENTRAL CAFETERIA FUND, BUDGET AMENDMENT $3,117.00 (PATTERSON)
The following two resolutions were approved to allocate Federal ARPA funds received by the county for various water projects.
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-7 – TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION OF THE FEDERAL AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN FUNDS (PATTERSON)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-8 – TO APPLY TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND CONSERVATION (TDEC) PROGRAM’S AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN FUNDS (PATTERSON)
These resolutions effectively approved the following work to be completed by the various water utility districts in the county. Each county water utility district was able to receive funding for all their requests. All funds allocated to Cumberland County for water and sewer projects were spend and matched, $8,141,527, on the requests of the utility districts.
The following routine budget amendments were approved for various county departments by the Commission:
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-9 – GENERAL FUND, COVID-19, SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT, BUDGET AMENDMENT $250,519.00 (HYDER)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-10 – TO AUTHORIZED THE PURCHASE OF A SURPLUS PRISONER TRANSPORT VAN FROM HE TOWN OF ASHLAND CITY, TENNESSEE (SHERRILL)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-11 – GENERAL FUND, PARKS AND FAIR BOARDS, BUDGET AMENDMENT $9,850.00 (SHERRILL)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-12 – GENERAL FUND, ANIMAL SHELTER, BUDGET AMENDMENT $1,100.00 (SHERILL)
- RESOLUTION 09-2022-13 – GENERAL FUND, EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY, BUDGET AMENDMENT $1,000.00 (SHERRILL)
The financials are just beginning to come in, so I only have a brief summary. Sales tax is ahead of budget year to date after one month by $23,287. The YTD budgeted amount is $1,328,480 and income was $1,351,767. EMS collections are $651,477 after two months which is $81,851 below budget. Look for more financial data next month.
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts and views on news, events, and activities in Cumberland County, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor